Castiglione in Teverina is a small town in the province of Viterbo, perched on a hill that overlooks the valley of the Tiber.
Its territory was inhabited by the Etruscans in ancient times, as most of the villages of Tuscia. Around 1000 the present town was built, which in medieval times was a stronghold of Monaldeschi and Savelli.
Castiglione in Teverina belonged to the Farnese family in the XVI century, until 1637 when the village became independent. In 1870 it was annexed to the Kingdom of Italy.
Today the most important religious festivals that are celebrated in Castiglione in Teverina are: from April 29 to May 3 SS. Crucifix, in June the 13th St. Anthony of Padua and in August the 5th the Feast of Our Lady of the snow, while among the public feasts are the feast of threshing in July, the feast of wine from the hills of the Tiber River in August, the feast of St. Martin Oil mushrooms and wine in November.